After the last post and decided that I should have my jewellery on business cards, I do what I usually do and hot footed it to the Vista print website and set about designing them.
What I came up with was pretty cute. Funky and fresh, and still with my logo visible.
They had to serve a specific purpose. To be folded in half so the necklace rests on the inside, have all my basic contact details and the logo/name visible on the front.
I want you to see the logo and business name up front. Then as I put it in a bag after your purchase, it also has my mobile and website details for further contact points.
I found the pink logo really pops on the black card so it will catch your eye. Black also looks a little classier, or professional.
I am in the process now of going through all my pieces and hanging them on cards.
But what if you want to try a necklace on? I thought of that too. A most of my new range is all long ‘pop-over’ o clasp styles it will be easy to do that. For the shorter ones I can undo the staple and redo it if no purchase is made.
I’m to sure if I will hang some of my bracelets the same way – I’m thinking not as they won’t be as easy to try on with a great hunk of card on there.
I’m happy to waste the odd card but not that many.
Hanging on my rotating rack looks really good and I can see instantly what and where. A you can see the white card – aside from being printed horizontal – just doesn’t look as good, or as business like.
The white cards I used initially to see how it would work.
A couple to new things I’ve made last night and this afternoon.
I’m not sure if the beaded link on the brown focal is too much. I’m tossing up between silver wire (good) and more ribbon (too much maybe?) and maybe even leather or twine and knotted.
I like this green one, a revamped necklace, altered slightly to account for the difference in hanging.
One I am working on. Restringing the lapis chips onto 3 strands and attaching to the spider web focal. I’ll find a neat link for the other side. It will be finished with chain or ribbon, as I’m not sure if I still have a blue to match or contrast with these beads.
And some funky buttons (mum had in her show bag from a recent conference). I am already thinking of what to use them with.
I think I have finally done it. I have tried so many different themes over the last week, activated and then played with them. Some lasted minutes, others longer.
While browsing all those gorgeous themes, this is the one that I came back to more than once. I like it as the photo column is a set feature. I wanted to have photos featured on the front page, visible straight up to visitors, and with this theme I don’t need to add any codes or hassle with any bits I don’t understand. Pictures just arrive as they are posted.
The colouring is all I seem to be having difficulty with. I like brights, but the title colour won’t do what I want. Ah well, small problems. I’ll work around it somehow.
I hope you like the new look and if you know of another theme that would look equally as good or better – and supports a picture gallery as standard and is free – or think i could change something, please let me know.
Now that I’ve done this – and wasted lots of time – I have to upload a few more items to my website and get ready for the market this weekend. I have a few plans I need to ask our manager for adding into the blog.