What has happened this year?
In a nutshell…
– I attended the Middleton Fair for the first time ever, since visiting it years ago with small children in tow. I’m hoping the next one will be better. I have four weeks to get my act together on that front.
– I’ve been in the local newspaper as part of one of the markets I attend, albeit wrongly named.
– I bought my own domain name and started a new website – a lot of work is currently needed to tidy and fix it up.
– I bought an ad in a local newsletter – has it been successful? I’m not sure. No one has actually said they’ve seen my ad and come looking.
– I’ve done lots of markets this year. Some very good, most of it not so. Take the good with the bad, it’s all about marketing and getting your face out there.
– started this blog as a stand alone beady and craft blog after a completely un-related blog post from a friend.
– I attended an art exhibition with my very first attempt at collage and mixed media.
– I then dabbled in some painting and mixed media canvases. I sold a few early on but not much since.
– I made a few bags early on and then stopped. Not made much since. I’m going to make a few more new ones for the upcoming fair and markets in between.
– I’ve put it upon myself to help the manager of the Woodbridge Market to try and make sure it gets better. While it was hit and miss early on, I think he’s come round a little, and knows I don’t want to take over, just help. Last market he asked me if I had my camera at the ready and said well done on the FB page. Wahoo!
Next years goals?
Work on my website and get it uber organised.
Get my work area to a workable standard and try to be neater overall.
Get to work and make sure everything in my collection is worthy. There are a few at the moment that will be pulled apart. Those things that don’t get many looks or that I’m really not impressed with anymore.
Work on a few new items with clay, glass and semi precious stones, and nice chains or ribbons. Make a collection or two that is on going that become like signature pieces.
Look at a different marketing avenue maybe, or try a few more shops to get a small retail base happening.
I did start either this year or last. A goal of making less items and not rushing them out. Sometimes it worked. Other times I put too much pressure on myself and then that stuffed it all about.
Overall I’ve had a fun year beading, crafting and sewing and look forward to moving forward – onwards and upwards – in the new year.
I hope to see my followers back to share my journey.
Happy New Year!!