My flowers are getting a new home. On the canvas and not a bag or necklace like I was originally thinking. I now know how to make them, so I can now make as many as I like any time I want.
I chose to make the background solid colour and not splatters from the other day. On the mention of that one, I will decide if I add more colours or another form of texture.
My round sponges will add enough texture and shapes without taking away from the flowers where as a flat painted background may be too flat.
I started with a dark base of lightened purple, and then white over the top to lighten it a bit more.
Then I added orange and yellow, followed by a deep red and topped off with pink and white.
The purple on the border was feeling a little harsh, too dark, so I dabbed over it with a pink white and I am now happy with the result.
I’m not exactly sure of what I was hoping to achieve with all the colours, when I could have just done red and pink with a super light violet , but I think maybe it gives it all a deeper colour and some depth.
It is very bright, but it is meant to be.
Once all the colours were dry I attached the flowers by sewing through from the bottom and securing with several knots.
The edges are loose and the centre only attached.
Very pretty. And Pink!
Keep smiling 🙂